Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Tuesday: How to Plan a Personalized Party

I have been to some wedding showers and baby showers that had a few personalized items like water bottle labels or signs, but had always assumed that items like that would be out of my price range if I ever threw a party. I never would have thought to go out and check out on something like that before, but someone from Shindigz contacted me and invited me to their website to check things out. I had no idea what the website was like and put it off for a few weeks. When I finally did start browsing around, I was surprised at the huge quantity of personalized items available- and for ANYTHING! Yes, they have all the normal party supplies, hats, napkins, plates, etc., but they also have personalized stickers, bath salts, candy bars, mini candy bars, lanyards, pretty much everything. I literally spent hours over the next few days browsing through their selection and wanted to share my favorite finds.
e past, like
Rainbow Personalized Cupcake Wrappers
Personalized StickersYou can create almost any style of sticker for any occasion- wedding, shower, brunch, birthday party, etc., and it will only run you about .20 a sticker. I think I will use them for my Christmas letter this year, something like 'Talley Family 2013" to stick on the back of my envelopes to seal them.

Personalized Cup Cake WrappersSO fun! These run about .50 a piece and I think are ideal for wedding showers, so like "Spencer and Julie, May 2014" or whatever. So cute!

Zombie Mini Candy Bar WrappersPersonalized Mini Candy Bar Wrappers One of the best deals on the site, you can personalize mini candy bar labels (I used this 'Movember' style for mine) and it only hits you at 8 cents per wrapper. 

Personalized Foil Print Napkins This one makes me wish I could plan my wedding all over again. No one uses cloth napkins at weddings (unless you're an ultra high roller, which I am not), and plain napkins seem so blergh- but these have a metallic print on your paper napkin. I would have done black and silver. 

Custom Napkins with Metallic Foil ImprintLife Size Cardboard Cutout I saved the coolest for last. I was in Japan during my sister's wedding and I love Aurora, so she had my face pasted on to an Aurora cut out- which was really fun- but I couldn't believe how affordable a life size cutout is. 19.99! It's almost worth it to get one of myself to put in the kitchen to freak my husband out next April Fool's Day. In fact, I just might do that. ;)

I made a decent sized order and really loved a lot of what I got. I gave some to my mother-in-law, who raved about them. All in all, I think that Shindigz has found a life long customer in me, but if you are going there to shop, I'd caution you to do so well in advance, as everything is made to order, so it takes  bit of time to get to you.

FYI
- They DO have dollar paper ware (paper plates, forks, napkins, etc.) in every color under the rainbow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment